Advice on storage setup

Dear community.

Your advice is asked as I am unfamiliar with UNRAID's options :)

The first question would be if someone here has experience converting a physical installation of WS2016 into a VM and use it in UNRAID.

If not it would not be a huge deal to configure it newly.

The second question is about advice on how to setup and configure the following disks in UNRAID:

3x 8TB HDD

1x 3TB HDD

1x 2TB HDD

2x 256GB NVM PCIe SSD (I am able to buy more of these, so if recommended, will do that)

The rest of my pc build consists of a Threadripper 1950x with 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz RAM.

My initial thought was to use the NVM drives for a primary drive on the WS2016 VM in UNRAID configured in RAID1.
Then add the 3x 8TB HDDs in a 16TB RAID with one of them as parity drive and the 2TB for downloads in WS2016 or better yet, a docker container with download apps.

The thing is, I would really love to keep WS2016 due to lots of GPO customisations and domain integration, I am aware of the AD plugins, just GPO's will be way easier to configure on the VM for me. Currently I hosted several shared folders within the server os.

To summarize the important points:

- Keep WS2016 for GPO's etc. (can be configured newly if transfer is not possible)

- Using 16TB effective storage space with 8TB as parity drive (the 3x 8TB drives).

- VM should be fast but redundant (RAID = no backup, separate file backup will also take place :)

Any advice would be highly appreciated!