Disks not spinning down

RMartijnR

I think since unRAID version 6.5 my disks no longer spin down after the set time (3 hours). I am not sure about the version, but I started to notice this a few weeks ago.

Normally I shutdown the array during the day on Monday - Friday, running unRAID in the evening and in the weekend (for watching movies). But for a week now I decided to keep unRAID running after installing 2 docker apps.

Before (a few months ago) all was working normally, but I cannot say when this problem has started to manifest itself.

Before I had Plex installed using PhAzE Plugins.

About 2 weeks ago I decided to start using Plex using the docker.

I also installed NZBGet using the docker.

I also added a SSD Cache drive and I have made it so that all docker related data is put on the Cache drive.

I have tried several things based on topics found in the unRAID forum, but until now the drives will not spin-down.

What I have tried:

- Disabled spinup groups

- Set spindown timeout to 15 minutes

- Not mounting shares on my macOS machine (Mac Mini running the latest macOS version).

- Stopped docker apps and the docker

After 15 minutes the drives did spin down, but without doing anything all drives started to spin up again after about 15 minutes. I have no idea why, nothing was running...

With all apps running and shares connected:

When using the 'Spin down' button on the main screen, all drives will spin down, but after 15 seconds the parity drive and one data drive will spin up again, shortly followed by all other drives...

I have installed 'File Activity' and 'Open Files' but usually drives are only accessed for a short time, so I do not understand why the drives will keep running...

I started using unRAID in 2012 and have always updated to the latest version (I have never done a clean install after the initial install).

Most drives are older drives formatted as reiserfs, 4 drives as xfs.

I have no idea what is the problem and how I can solve this.

Any help or suggestions are welcome (I have attached the diagnostics result).

unraid-diagnostics-20181129-0818.zip

Archived