Gaming PC / Media Server / NAS

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and UNRAID so please forgive me if I have posted this into the wrong topic. What I'm looking to do is setup a PC that can pull triple duty as a light-weight Gaming PC, a PLEX media server and finally a NAS. The games I'll be playing on this box are going to be games like rocket league, project cars and some role-playing games like The Witcher 3. I do know the Witcher 3 is pretty intense on GPUs, but I'm happy to reduce quality settings a bit if necessary.

As for hardware I have a Ryzen 5 2400g, Gigabyte B450 DS3H mATX motherboard, 16 GB of 2666 Mhz RAM and a Gigabyte RX 580. I also have a bunch of WD Red HDDs I'm going to use for the NAS, and a SSD for the Windows 10 boot disc.

My plan was to use the Vega GPU built-into the Ryzen CPU for the UNRAID control panel, and just pass the GPU through to Windows to maximize performance there. The concern I have is the Ryzen 5 2400g only has four cores but does have SMT enabled so it has eight threads.

I'm really going to be the only person using the system at all as I don't really have anyone outside my house who will watch movies on my PLEX server or access my NAS. I also have a primary Gaming PC outside of this setup so this just an extra box for titles I want to play on my couch.

With all of that said do you all think this will be powerful enough for my use case? I am still acquiring the hardware and I just purchased the CPU so I can return and get something else if necessary. Just wanted to get the opinion of people who are more experienced with this platform.