no display on gpu passthrough 1920x/1070

Optjon9

Hi guys...

I am trying to set up my old gpu mining rig into a multi gpu VM machine...

I have had sucess using unraid to fully setup ONE windows 10 VM to game on with keyboard and mouse support, however i cannot get a second display to come through any of my other GPUs...

My system is:

MSI X399 SLI PLUS (most recent bois)

AMD Threadripper 1920x (SVM and IOMMU enabled in BIOS)

6x ASUS GTX 1070 - ON PCIE RISER CARDS (i have also tried without pcie riser cards in certain configurations)

64GB DDR4 RAM

unraid version 6.6.6

Since x399 does not have integrated graphics i am using the gpu in the first pcie slot as the unraid host. I can get a windows 10 64 bit VM set up on the card in the third slot without any issues, but only that slot... any other slot will result in a blank screen (i have tried multiple monitors and multiple HDMI cables)

For simplicity sake of trouble shooting i am using my 1080ti in the host spot and only two 1070s to try to pass a VM through (i have also tried not using risers cards)

I have PCI ACS override set to "Both" but i have also tried with "multifunction" and "downstream"

I have tried using a SeaBIOS and OVMF windows 10 VM, i have also tried to manually set the graphics ROM BIOS... with no luck

I am somewhat new to using virtual machines but am quiet familiar with computer hardware and i have tried using my unraid disks and virtual machines on my 8700k system with a 1080ti and a 1070 while using the integrated graphics of the CPU for the unraid host and worked perfectly the first time...

Thanks in advance for your help, i have spent more time than i would like to admit troubleshooting this in the past week or so.

Archived