Build recommendation with 2+ PCIe 8x and PCIe graphic card port

Hi,

I'm currently using an older system based around an AMD Phenom X4 on an 790GX/SB750 platform with integrated graphics in a server rack which I bought used a few years back. It still works fine and will hopefully last me a few more years, but the TDP is higher than it could be, and the DDR2 RAM it uses currently maxes out at 16 GB.

I use two PCIe 2.0 8x disk controllers (one Dell PERC H310 and one Dell PERC H200, both using the SAS2008 chipset, flashed to HBA mode) to drive disks in 14 slots available in my rack at the moment.

Ideally, I'd want to keep using the rack, disks (which I am currently updating to new and bigger ones), disk controllers and disk enclosures in the future. I also put in a new, modular ATX power supply, fans and cabling when I initially built my system about two years back, so I'd re-use all of that too.

I'd probably want to go the route of a Ryzen 3-, Threadripper- or Xeon-based system (ideally 16+ threads, maybe ECC RAM support). No gaming, but maybe run a few more VMs (a mix of Windows and Linux) for a number of scenarios. As server-grade CPUs don't have included GPUs, I'd probably need at least one slot for a GPU and also at least two PCIe 8x slots to re-use the disk controllers.

Any suggestions about a workstation/server CPU/chipset combination that offers at least three PCIe 8x slots to use the disk controllers plus some sort of GPU?