(solved)Cannot configure and install a Windows 10 VM or other OS

Hello to everyone in the Unraid forum! I have dabbled with Unraid before but now i´m quite stuck. I have started configuring a new Unraid array in a 4 U Supermicro-server, but im unable to proceed to a point where i can install one or more Vm´s.

I have already enabled all needed BIOS-settings needed. I have tried both kinds of BIOS and different VirtIO drivers. 

Attached is my configuration file. Please advise me on how to setup a simple VM with GPU passthrough. Many thanks for any assistance!

Edit: Two corrupt ISOs, both the VirtIO image and the Windows install image gave me lots of trouble.

tower-diagnostics-20190521-2214.zip

2B80B07B-EA59-4FA1-B5CA-E18899BED099.jpeg

Edited by SpecFroce
7 minutes ago, SpecFroce said:

That would explain a lot even though i tried to download it twice, I´ll try to download the ISO again. Thanks for the speedy reply!

I would also suggest you reboot after downloading it in case an old one is loaded into RAM or something.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SpecFroce said:

Should VFIO allow unsafe interrupts be enabled or disabled?

I do not know a whole lot about what that does, do so at your own risk. I don't think it would impact getting Windows to boot, though.

Edited by Ep1cPl4yz

Update: 2/2 impossible things seems to have happened to me at the same time with the two ISOs here...

Windows is installing and i should get some sleep, considering it´s 4 AM. Feel free to PM me and i´ll happily set you up with some beer money, Ep1cPl4yz. You´ve helped me quite a lot!

Edited by SpecFroce
10 minutes ago, SpecFroce said:

Update: 2/2 impossible things seems to have happened to me at the same time with the two ISOs here...

Windows is installing and i should get some sleep, considering it´s 4 AM. Feel free to PM me and i´ll happily set you up with some beer money, Ep1cPl4yz. You´ve helped me quite a lot!

That won't be necessary. Happy to help!

Edited by Ep1cPl4yz
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a explanation to this message that happens after the install is completed, RDP is enabled and i try to switch the graphics over to my GPU?

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2019-05-22T02:43:51.950357Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=84:00.1,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x8: vfio 0000:84:00.1: failed to setup container for group 25: failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted

1 hour ago, SpecFroce said:

Does anyone have a explanation to this message that happens after the install is completed, RDP is enabled and i try to switch the graphics over to my GPU?

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2019-05-22T02:43:51.950357Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=84:00.1,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x8: vfio 0000:84:00.1: failed to setup container for group 25: failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted

According to the diagnostics you attached at the beginning of this thread, the GPU in IOMMU group 25 is on its own in that group. However, that error message suggests otherwise. Try setting the ACS override to "Both" and reboot. Also make sure the VM is shut down.

That error message specifically refers to the HDMI audio device associated with that GPU. Make sure the GPU and its audio device are going to the same VM and that it is not being used by another running VM.

Edited by Ep1cPl4yz