Unraid passing ssd along fine, windows 10 install not seeing it.

Passed a 250gb Samsung ssd a windows 10 vm with /dev/disk/by-id/perc-h710 etc, setting it as disk and setting mode to sata. Only issue is that windows doesn't see it, even after installing 

Balloon, netkvm, vioserial, viostor in that order. Isn't seen in windows installer even after switching vdisk bus to virtio either. 

It doesn't work plugged directly into my motherboard, doesn't work through a slimline to sata DVD adapter, and it doesn't work plugged into my backplane on my perc h710 controller. 

Dell poweredge r720 

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, meep said:

Did you copy the disk ID directly from the /dev/disk/by-id/ directory?

I was caught out once by copy/pasting the ID from the unRaid UI, but it's different to the actual ID (which has some additional characters)

Yeah, I did. I navigated to the folder in terminal then copied the name. The way I can tell that it worked is that if you're one character off, it still asks for a vdisk size. 

If you get the name right, it auto populates with the entire size of the disk and the other options go away.