Windows XP: USB Pass-Through

Marwi16a

Hello, I need some help with an XP-VM.

I'd like to setup an XP-VM for my retro-games. Everything just works like expected. My only problem is that I cannot find any USB-Controller that seems to work. I need this because I want to connect Mouse and Keyboard + an USB-Soundkard to the controller. And the same hardware has to work on different OS-Versions as well since I'd like to use my Unraid-Host for many different applications.

I tried a few controllers:

-VIA VL805 - this one works fine on any VM, but the driver for XP does not seem to be good - I can install it but it does not recognize any USB-Device connected to it.

-Inateck KTU3FR-4P with Fresco Logic FL1100 - this one worked but only once! As soon as I powered down my VM, I had to shut down my whole Unraid-Host and start it up again, else the whole Host froze when I started up a VM again passing through the controller

-MZHOU PCIE-Card - this one just did not work. It also showed 8 different controllers.

Can anyone recommend me a PCIE-X1-USB-Controller that is well supported and works on Windows XP? I Guess finding a Controller that works on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Ubuntu as well should be no problem.

Does anyone have an XP-VM working with a PCIE-X1-Controller passed through? Maybe he can recommend one. Also, how can I make sure whether a Controller works well or not?