VM 'losing' connection to drives

mmmeee15

Hello,

Hopefully this topic has not been repeated, but I am facing a very strange issue that is affecting only 1 of my VMs (Windows 10). 

Setup is as follows:

Ryzen 2700

Asus b450 Plus (latest bios as of yesterday)

Random Nvidia GPU for unraid, but not passed through to any VM

LSI 9211-8i connected to the 8 HDD (2 parity, rest data)

2 sata SSD connected through Mobo sata ports

What happens is that after what appears to be a random amount of time, one of my Windows 10 VMs appears to lose connection to the drives when doing a transfer between the local machine (ie the one that the VM is setup on) to another machine. What this means in more practical terms is that the transfer will stop(goes to 0 KB/s or remains at whatever value it had last), but does not continue nor give any errors. I have left it going to see if it times out, but that doesn't happen either. When I attempt to restart the VM, or to shut it down, it remains at the Restart or Shutdown screen with the spinning circle forever, forcing a hard restart of the server, which is the strange part. 

The VM itself is still responsive, so its not a windows lockup, and leads me to believe that its still accessing the cache disk (where VM is located) just fine. The other VMs do not have this problem, and can be shutdown without issue when the first VM gets 'stuck'. So, what is wrong with this particular VM that is causing the issue? Is it something known, or will I have to create another VM from scratch to see if that resolves things? 

If there is anything I can provide, or explain further, please let me know. 

Thank you