I am working up the courage to purchase an UnRAID system.  I have a couple questions for those of you who are already proud owners.

1.  Are any of you using UnRAID with "My Movies" the Media Center Plug-in as a movie server?  Are there any issues or problems? 

2.  When using a HTPC is there a way to record to the UnRAID and watch recorded TV from the UnRAID?

3.  Is everything going to work well with Vista in a year or so?

I really appreciate any comments or answers that anybody can provide.

I have mine working with My Movies and it works fine.  Just need to add the unc paths to your htpc.

As for recording with the unraid server there seems to be a write performance issue that is being worked.  I've never tried it but others have.  However users have had success with reading multiple streams from the server.

As for vista it should work fine.

hambyrya,

I use Meedio as a front end for my HTPC and I have had no problems with Meedio being able to stream a ripped DVD from my unRaid server.

I built my two unRaid 3TB servers using the recommended parts and have both of them on a 1kw UPS because the SoCal power grid glitches all of the time!

As a matter of fact I have been able to run four streams at a time to different media clients around my condo.

Since I only use the unRaid server as a storage device, I have not experienced the problems of reading and writing at the same time such as recording a TV show while watching a ripped DVD. My setup is more like movies on demand.

I can say that the unRaid OS is the slowest link in the chain when ripping DVDs from my HTPC to the unRaid server over a 1GB LAN. A typical two hour DVD ripped with just the main title and the AC3 sound track takes between 10 to 15 minutes which is okay by me.

Regards,

TCIII