Another new to Unraid first build assistance

Hello everyone,

My primary windows machine (gaming, plex server, and file server) is almost full at this point. Currently it is a 2600X with 16GB of RAM and a little under 40 TB (5*8TB + 1*3TB) of file storage. I've been looking at what options I could do and I've settled on Unraid. My first options were to do just a file server since I have a i3-7100 and a P2000 sitting around for a new plex server box. After looking at what Unraid has to offer I would like to eventually have an all in one Unraid build at some point in the future.

I currently have a 15 bay 4u Roswill server case I got on a sale around black Friday. I would also eventually use the P2000 for a gpu passthough at some point. My eventual goal for this first server would be to have storage for 20 drives in total 5 ssd's for cache and VM's, 15 HDD's, dockers, and a couple of VM's. I wouldn't buy all the HDD's at once, but eventually buying them on sale here and there and adding it up till it's full. I would get 2 LSI 9221-8i cards.

The Threadripper 1920X  with an ASRock X299 Taichi would fit my needs for PCIe lanes as well as cores for dockers, vm's, and eventually a plex server with a p2000.
The other option would be an Intel X series processor (10900X or 9800X).
The last option would be an Intel 8700K, which has the added benefit of integrated graphics. I would forgot adding a plex server with the P2000 to that box and just use that for storage as well as a couple vm's and dockers.

Currently I am leaning towards the 1920X for the price.  I don't have a hard budget, but I am looking for CPU, motherboard, and RAM to be about $1000-$1500.

Is there any reason I should considered an Intel X series or 8700K over a Threadripper?
If I have forgotten to include any information or if you have any question I am happy to respond.

Thank you in advance.