Cannot connect to shares with OS X

First off I am very very new to Unraid.  I've tried to read and research as much as I could prior to building and then asking.  The system is in my sig.   I can connect to my shares fine with a Windows notebook but cannot with my Macbook.  I am 100% Apple so this is a big deal.  SMB is enabled.  Enhanced MacOS is also selected.  Shares are public and exported.  When I go to finder it sees the server "Tower" but cannot connect.  When I click login in as it doesn't do anything.  When I attempt to connect by using the IP it returns "There are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server.  Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."  Also if I try to connect with the files app on an iPad Pro it also fails.  It clearly seems to be an Apple issue but I am at a loss of what else to try.  Thanks guys. 

Ok, it's mostly fixed.  Found my wife's Macbook and it worked fine.  Had an ah hah moment and got the ipad working, hadn't put smb:// before the IP.  There is something specific to my notebook causing the issue.  Main thing was getting the iPad working as the goal of this is to eliminate my need for a notebook.  Media handling and light encoding is the only thing I needed a computer for and dockers in unraid fixes that.  I'm sure I'll be back at some point needing other help.  Plex giving me some issues but that's for another day. Thanks folks. 

Edited by boomhower