Help flashing PERC H310 to IT mode

I apologize if this has been asked/answered already however i was unable to find a solution.

I have a dell R510 that i installed a PERC H310 into it. I'm trying to flash it to IT mode based upon either of these two tutorials:

https://tylermade.net/2017/06/27/how-to-crossflash-perc-h310-to-it-mode-lsi-9211-8i-firmware-hba-for-freenas-unraid/

https://techmattr.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/updated-sas-hba-crossflashing-or-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

but it is hanging on the following step:

megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin

I dont get a success or a fail, it just hangs there and never passes or fails. Im wondering if this is because i had to put the card into a different slot on the server's riser? The card would not fit into the port where i took the old card out (due to the quick clip being in the way). Therefore i put the card into another PCIE slot. The system reads it without issue and i can configure the raid card from any of the Dell utilities and it sees all the drives. Therefore i know it works there :)

I am however wonder if using that different slot changes what backend port im supposed to use in the commands? for example when i run:

megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20

my port 0 has an address listed in it. Whereas the screenshots all show no address for that line. Im not sure if thats a red herring or not? Or has anyone else encountered an issue where this step just hangs?