VLAN Tagging

I am a recent convert to unRAID coming from a windows 2016 server, and despite everything else going smoothly I am having an issue with VLAN's.

unRAID is running on the same physical h/w as my previous windows server incarnation, and connected to my LAN using the same configuration and ports on my switch. My VLANS (ID's 14 & 15) are operational and in use elsewhere on my LAN (serviced through PFSense), and the LAN topology has remained static since before switching to unRAID.

I run a 4 port Intel PCI-E nic with ports eth0 & eth1 in a LAGG for normal filesharing access. Port eth2 is reserved for Docker & port eth3 for VM's exclusively  - I do not assign IP's to ports 3 & 4 at the OS level. (Just to re-iterate this is arranged identically to my previous windows server configuration using the same switch ports)

I am trying to create a VM guest which operates exclusively on  VLAN 15. (In windows hyper-v I was able to configure the guests NIC to be tagged to a specific VLAN ID, and this worked with no issues.)

In unRAID I have tried setting up both a VLAN in network configuration settings (eg eth3.15) and within the Guest O/S, neither worked, and due to my limited Linux VLAN experience I am at a loss as to how to proceed... 

PFSense runs DHCP pools for both VLANS, and I am unable to get unRAID (v6.8.2) to get an IP via DHCP on the VLAN.

I run multiple (non VLAN) VM's and dockers and they all work fine within the current network config.

As a workaround I have enabled the MB onboard nic as eth4 and set it up exclusively tagged on the VLAN through my switch's management interface (invisible to the OS) and this works, but is not ideal.

Considering I have not changed my switch's VLAN configuration for the ports used by eth2 & eth3, and it worked with VLAN tagging from windows, I am not sure this is a switch configuration issue...I have checked just in case and it appears to be correct - but at this stage who knows..

I am sure I am doing something wrong or missing something obvious, but I would appreciate any ideas.....

Thanks