What on earth keeps spinning up my unassigned drives??

drumstyx

I've got a number of unassigned drives I keep connected as warm spares, as I got a good deal on a bunch of 8TB drives a while back. They're precleared, and I intend to keep them just dead idle until I need to either expand or replace a drive, at which point I can do it remotely (as I keep my server at a different location than I live primarily).

I had some trouble with the unassigned drives plugin, in that it wouldn't recognize unassigned drives connected via my HBA (all drives reside in a Netapp DS4246 shelf), so I uninstalled the plugin, and am just using Unraid's native handling, which at least allows me to spin them up/down.

The trouble is, I spin them all down, and seemingly randomly, they come back! No docker containers I have have access to /dev directly, and I can't figure out what plugins would possibly be causing it. Does the mover maybe accidentally hit those drives when scanning for changes?