Can't delete a folder due to "You require permission from TOWER\nobody to make changes to this file"

EDIT: I was able to fix this by running a Tools > New Permissions job on the share. This topic can be considered resolved.

Hi,

I am unable to modify/delete a single folder from within my share because of the permission error I specified in the post title.

Upon further inspection, it looks like this folder, unlike others in the same directory, has a user "nobody (TOWER\nobody)" with Full control of this folder, whereas my standard user nost (part of "users (Unix Group\users)") only has Read & execute permissions.) In other folders my nost user has Full Control of the folders, not just Read & execute.

I need to gain access of this folder back to modify/delete it as I see fit.

The only anomaly that I can see that makes this folder different from others (which I still have full control of) is presence of a "desktop.ini" file with following contents:

[.ShellClassInfo]
FolderType=MusicArtist
MusicBuyUrl=http://redir.metaservices.microsoft.com/redir/buynow/?providerName=AMG&albumID=318448BE-9D03-4EB2-A01C-B4FB7C1916C3&a_id=R%20%20%20431308&album=Brand%20New%20Day&artistID=A21EB5FD-152D-49F2-BB6D-DDD2467769E7&p_id=P%20%20%20%20%205536&artist=Sting&locale=409&geoid=e&version=12.0.7600.16415&userlocale=409

I have no idea what program created this file.

Things I've tried:

* Rebooting Windows/reconnecting the share in Windows Explorer

* Rebooting the server and restarting the array

* changing the username of my unRAID share user to not match the username of my windows user and re-connecting to the drive using the new credentials

* trying to delete the folder from another operating system (macOS)

screenshot 1.png

Edited by n0stalghia