Ideas/Thoughts/Help

I know some of this will cost me a few $$, but I really want some input from everyone... I have general Ideas but would love to see some of yours. 

Here is my objective. Reduce the number of physical computer systems, centralize my system management, and lower my electric bill!

Use UNRAID as a NAS and VM Server.

Build a NAS containing at least 20 to 30 TB of storage.

Run at least 2 Virtual Windows 10 systems.

Run 1 to 2 Virtual Linux systems. (Ubuntu/Debian Based)

Run a PLEX server

Upstairs I want to use 2 monitors (the equivalent of a 2 monitor system) connected to a VM – This will be used to for some video editing, web browsing, running applications such as Microsoft applications and from time to time some minor gaming “Not really a gamer but one can dream”

Downstairs I want to have 2 monitors setup to connect to a Windows 10 VM for running Adobe Photo Shop, InDesign, and Illustrator, QuarkXPress and the various Microsoft applications. This is replacing an old MAC system.

Plex Media Server for the home. Mostly 720/1080 movies.

The current hardware I have in my home is the following:

1 Windows 10 Pro system w/AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core System running at 3.2 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, 2 TB of local storage connected to 3 monitors (2 Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitors 21:9 2560x1080p Ultrawide model C305B-200UN via Display Ports) This is my main workstation upstairs.

1 Ubuntu Server – Old repurposed Dell Inspiron 660 w/i3-3240, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD local storage connected to an old 1080p monitor. This system is only used for PLEX Media Server. It uses the built in graphics core for trans-coding as needed)

1 Old ITX Generic computer with an i5-2390T cpu, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD. This unit shares the same monitor with the Dell system via a HDMI awitch box. This box is used only for running misc linux apps I want to play with from time to time.

1 Old OSX MAC that I don’t even want to talk about.

All of this connects to a single Synology NAS with 16 Terabytes. It's time to retire this puppy!