Unraid Network Mount

Hi there,

I'm fairly new with using unraid and cannot seem to get this working no matter what settings I try. I am simply trying to mount a remote share which happens to be on another NAS. I've read many posts about using Unassigned Devices to do this. For the most part is seems like it 'should' work.

What I am doing:

1. Going to MAIN and going down to the unassigned devices section, selecting the Add remote SMB/NFS share button.

2. Menu comes up, asks me to choose between linux (I assume this means NFS?) or Windows (SMB) ; I've tried them both but believe the option should be SMB

3. It asks me for the server or to search. If I search it will find my other NAS but for some reason cannot load the shares. If I enter the IP this seems to work better. So I enter the IP Here.

4. It asks for a username, I enter one

5. It asks for a password, I enter one

6. It asks for domain if applicable, its not, I don't enter anything

7. Next it asks for the share or I can search for it. This works fine. Searching and it finds my share which I select.

8. At this point I click done and I am brought back to the MAIN page.

9. I can now see my settings I entered above. Its Green which seems to imply it should be working? ...its not. :)

Notes:

The source looks accurate

The mount point is there, by default it has my NAS IP_ShareName (for the most part I have left this as-is but sometimes I have attempted to change it)

Now the mount button directly beside the above map point is orange/available to click. Clicking this will change it to "mounting...." and then come back to the orange button again ready to click again? Still says mount.

There are no details like size etc filled out.

Clicking on log is useless, there is literally nothing in it to assist with troubleshooting

I am not 100% clear where the mount should be happening but based on what I have found it looks like it should reside under /mnt/disks ?

This is an empty directory

I tried creating a directory in there with the same name as my mount point. it was removed after hitting the mount button.

I have tried two users through the above process. 1 that I have used quite often from a desktop machine and a freshly made user. Both work flawlessly on the desktop machine.

I'm at a loss here as to what is the issue or where I can go to try and obtain more details. Anyone have any thoughts that can help me?

Thanks a bunch!