Controller and mouse Lag in VM

First and foremost thanks for all the help this forum has been providing. 

im so nearly done tinkering with my unraid build but ive got (hopefully) one last really annoying issue. Its bad lag when gaming. To the point where racing and shooter games are completely unplayable and even casual story driven games are irritating. 

I used the VFIO-PCI CFG plugin to pass through one of the USB controllers of my motherboard. The gaming controller is running off that USB controller. 

I tried applying the accelerator in MSI_Utility (that worked with my sound) but it did not help the input delay. I read somewhere else that switching to SeaBIOS could fix the problem. 

I guess this is a two part question:

1) Is there anything else i can try to fix the lag other than switching the bios? 

2) If i do need to change the bios, i will need to create a new VM. If i make a backup of my VDISK and the XML right before i delete the old VM, will i be able to pickup right where i left off in the "new" VM with SeaBIOS? Ive already paid to active windows and have lots of applications and settings changed in windows that i dont want to redo.  Would this work in theory at least? I can almost guarantee at this point that it wont be that simple,  easy or straight forward but if in theory it is supposed to be possible ill give it a try before my trial expires. 

The xbox controller is directly connected via wire to the motherboard (USB Bluetooth dongle is on order). The rest of the components can be found here if they matter