New windows VM Only using (1) care at 100% on boot

Trying to install new Win 10 VM.  Tried Seabios and OVMF.  Does not matter how many Cores and Paired Threading cores I assign to the VM or using Seabios or OVMF.  As soon as I boot the VM to install windows whatever the lowest number core # is goes to 100% for about 5-10 min before finally getting past the boot logo screen.  Then core goes down to 15%.  As soon as I hit accept and go to the next screen it does it agin for 5 min before loading the next screen with VNC and Seabios.

When passing OVMF and attempting to pass through a EVGA RTX 2060 Supper.  CPU does the same thing for about 3-5 min then the log memory starts filling up very verr very fast.  Log keeps saying issues with the EVGA Card.  

Aug 27 20:40:18 Ewing kernel: vfio-pci 0000:4d:00.0: BAR 1: can't reserve [mem 0xb0000000-0xbfffffff 64bit pref]

Very frustrated with this whole thing.  Not sure where my issue could be on this new system.  Any help please?

ewing-diagnostics-20200827-2045.zip

• 2 months later...

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I'm dealing with the same thing and haven't made much progress.

It seems to be related to passing through PCIe devices, everything works fine otherwise. I initially thought it was GPU related, but it happens when passing through ONLY usb cards as well.

Edited by RushinRussian