Partial write permissions?

Vaggeto

Hello,

I've done a lot of reading and watching in regards to permissions issues with SMB but I just started having issues that I cannot resolve.

All of my shares are private and have specific usernames with Read/Write permissions.

In one of my shares, everything works fine at the main share level, but if I go into any can existing sub-folders of that share, I have read access but not write. I can read and access everything (not write), as long as I either have a windows username and password which match an unRAID username/password, or if I assign a non Windows username and password to my unRAID for both the name and IP address in Windows credentials and also create that matching user within unRAID. (Which is what I'm currently doing at this point in the troubleshooting)

But... I cannot move files, or write to any of these sub-folders without getting either permission denied from an app or the dreaded "requires permissions from unraid/nobody". It seems very odd it is clearly giving me access based on my permissions, but then not allowing me to write especially when i can write to the main folder of the same share.

I have checked in the console and most directories belong to "nobody users" and have drwxr-xr-x permissions. I don't see an difference in permissions from the main folder vs the sub-folders.

I tried creating a new unRAID username and assigning it Read/Write to that share, and it has the same issue at the sub-folder level.

Any ideas on this partial write access?