[SOLVED] Shares Split Level Question

Hello i started my unraid with 2 HDD now its growing and i put a split level  of 2 then i realized i have to up it every time i add a new one because it will tell me its full even if it has space. Now my question is if i put the split level to 1 now so it doesn't split them into a lot of Hdd's will it work or would i have to re copy all my movies?

Right now i have two WDEARS 2tb i have 500GB left of space i mapped them on my computer as movies and shows, The shares folder i have share name as Movies high water min free space is 20,000,000 and split level of 2 for the shows i have it high water with a min free space of 18,000,000 and 4 split level. Last time i had to up the split level on my movies shares because it kept on reading that i didn't have enough space so i upped it from 1 to 2 and that solved the issue. On my computer the drive mapped as Movies has 3 different folders to organize my movies one being 480p 720p and 1080p, my friend told me its easier if i just put all the movies in a movies folder and not split them because i will always have the issue that i have to up the split level by one when i add a new drive and it will also split the data onto different drives wondering if that is true to keep in one folder is better or is my set up ok? Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Archived