• 6.9.0-beta24 Mellanox Connect-X2 in Dell R420 doesn't work

DieFalse
    • Closed

Upgraded two servers - one is an AMD board and the other is Intel - R420 Dell server.

The R420 no longer recognizes the Mellanox card at all.   the PCI riser is working, as the USB connected to it is the boot device, but the card itself is a no go in this version.   It worked in 6.9.0-beta22 but not in 24, and when I rolled back to 22, it doesn't work anymore.  I had to roll back to Stable for the card to begin working again.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

No problem here with my Mellanox ConnectX-2 MNPA19-XTR on an ASUS Z9PA-D8 with one Intel Xeon 2670 on Unraid v6.9.0beta24

29 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No problem here

Same for me, this also strongly suggest beta24 wasn't your problem:

and when I rolled back to 22, it doesn't work anymore.

If you still have issues please post the diagnostics after upgrading: Tools -> Diagnostics

@fmp4m what firmware is the card?

If you need the flash tool for unraid or how to read the firmware version, feel free to contact me.

I can create you a unraid version with the Mellanox Firmware Tools builtin.

Ok,  I deleted the Network config files and was able to restore connectivity to the machine.  I have no idea why I would need to delete those as nothing else changed.  

I will be trying the mellanox card info simply to get the card info and update them if I need to,  but will run on official images as I rather have full support instead of just community support.   

Since this problem was resolved by deleting the network configs (I did check the config in the GUI and it is identical to how it is setup again now, I wanted to report it.  Since its fixed - in case it gets reported by others - this can be closed unless you want further diag/troubleshooting for this.