• BTRFS Pool Disk Detection Problem

BBoYTuRBo
    • Closed

I am running unRAID 6.11.5

I just replaced the mobo/cpu in my server, and while I was at it, I switched an M2 drive that I had connected to a BTRFS cache pool via a USB enclosure directly to an M2 port.

In doing so, the ID of the disk changed, and unRAID won't recognize it as part of the cache pool. When I do a `btrfs fi show` on the other disk in the pool, BTRFS correctly recognizes the disk that now has a new ID (while unRAID does not).

When I try to switch the disk under the new ID into the cache pool from the unRAID web UI, it gives a red X and says "Wrong".

If I start the array up in this state, will it treat the disk as a new disk and wipe it out?

Update: I went ahead and started the array. It shows the disk as "New", and is going through the rebuild process as if it was a new disk. No data was lost since it was set up as RAID1. So, just a waste of time/processing power.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not clear this belongs in bug reports, and 6.11.5 is not a pre-release, so definitely in the wrong place. In any case, all bug reports require diagnostics. I may close this after copying it to General Support.

Sorry, I usually run the latest 'next' version and am severely sleep deprived at the moment and just posted here without thinking.

I would consider it a bug in how unRAID handles BTRFS pools, since BTRFS itself handled it correctly. But, please move this wherever is appropriate and thanks for cleaning up my mistakes!

Edited by BBoYTuRBo
    typo

The better way to resolve this would be to reset the pool, no rebalance necessary, unassign all pool devices, start array, stop array, re-assign all pool devices, start array, existing btrfs pool would be imported.

• Like 1