• Shares not showing up

KyleS
    • Urgent

So I've bit the security bullet and moved all of my PVCs to the first folder because of Unraids incredibly poor support for subfolders. None of my shares are showing up??? folders look like the following...

pvc-13cc4602-1b86-40a0-bbf3-76baedabf2ff_unraid_config

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Sorry, you've tried this with the exact same folder name and you're not seeing the same behaviour with the WebUI?

2 hours ago, trurl said:

You haven't given us enough information to even know what you're talking about.

Diagnostics is a good way to give us some start on trying to understand.

Can you get diagnostics?

What on earth are you talking about. There's nothing in there.

`cd /mnt/user`

`mkdir pvc-13cc4602-1b86-40a0-bbf3-76baedabf2ff_unraid_config`

Does that share show up in the WebUI. This was provided very clearly in the first post. it looks like there's some dumb name length limit in the WebUI that skips these.

OK so this is indeed a straight bug in either emhttpd and shfs (I'm going to respect the license and not disassemble them, noting that disassembly is permitted to fix issues such as this by the DMCA)...

The dynamix php edit page is hard coded to a length of 40. Some shitty application is writing shares.ini every single second, which is where the bug appears to be.

12 hours ago, KyleS said:

What on earth are you talking about. There's nothing in there.

I was trying to understand what you were talking about in your first post.

None of my shares are showing up

We see lots of different things a user might mean by this sentence.

User Shares not showing up in the webUI (often a browser problem)

and/or

User Share(s) not showing up on the network (could be several reasons)

Maybe even

Nothing showing up at /mnt/user (occasionally user shares are broken due to filesystem corruption on a disk or something)

Can you understand why I didn't know what you meant at first? It took several tries to get something that made enough sense to investigate.

You haven't even told us which prerelease you are using.

I agree that if I create that folder it does not get displayed in User Shares (on 6.11.5).

Still don't understand why you would want a user share with such a name. I'm guessing you are considering creating lots of folders with similar names as some sort of workaround. Maybe there is a better workaround such as creating a VM for handling your special case.

I'm not sure this should be considered Urgent.

7 hours ago, trurl said:

I was trying to understand what you were talking about in your first post.

We see lots of different things a user might mean by this sentence.

User Shares not showing up in the webUI (often a browser problem)

and/or

User Share(s) not showing up on the network (could be several reasons)

Maybe even

Nothing showing up at /mnt/user (occasionally user shares are broken due to filesystem corruption on a disk or something)

Can you understand why I didn't know what you meant at first? It took several tries to get something that made enough sense to investigate.

You haven't even told us which prerelease you are using.

I agree that if I create that folder it does not get displayed in User Shares (on 6.11.5).

Still don't understand why you would want a user share with such a name. I'm guessing you are considering creating lots of folders with similar names as some sort of workaround. Maybe there is a better workaround such as creating a VM for handling your special case.

I'm not sure this should be considered Urgent.

https://kubernetes.io/

@limetech is there an ETA on this.

So you can very clearly see from shfs that it's ignoring long paths, regardless if you manually create a share config in /boot.

```

Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: / fi: (nil)
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: /old fi: (nil)
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: /old fi: (nil)
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: / fi: (nil)
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_statfs: pid: 3194 path: /old
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getxattr: pid: 3194 path: /old name: system.LOCATIONS size: 4096
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: /pvc-3af861ae-2ebb-4536-9005-f95a13b49bfb_long_share-config fi: (nil)
    Feb 14 20:31:27 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: /pvc-3af861ae-2ebb-4536-9005-f95a13b49bfb_long_share-config fi: (nil)
    Feb 14 20:31:28 FileServer  shfs: debug: shfs_getattr: pid: 3194 path: /pvc-3d4684fc-058b-4fcd-b855-8883ea64e4dd_other_long_data fi: (nil)
    ```