• [6.12.3] Network Settings -> Interface Extras -> Include listening interfaces doesn't work with OpenVPN

jesta
    • Minor

I am running an OpenVPN Docker container (ich777/openvpn-client) with network=host and want my unRAID webUI to be accessible via this VPN.

I can add the corresponding interface (tun0) to Network Settings -> Interface Extras -> Include listening interfaces but the webUI doesn't bind to the tunnel IP after a restart. I need to delete and readd the entry to get it to work.

I guess this happens because the VPN container is still starting when the webUI process binds to the ports.

• Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey, wanted to add my own experience to this as I am having a very simlar problem and don't want to raise a duplicate bug report. I am trying make the unraid web UI accessible to docker containers by including the docker0 interface in the Include Listening Interfaces section, I do this so I can make the web panel accessible externally behind a second layer of auth for protection, as well as automate some other bits and pieces. On reboot, I experience the same issue as OP, I must remove and re-add the interface to the list in order for it to actually apply this setting. A fix for this would be appreciated, if you need any other information just let me know!