• 6.12.4 Nuked my Plex docker

GazzaShergar
    • Urgent

I have upgraded from the previous version, I followed all the guidance in the release notes including deleting and recreating my port forward (fritzbox user) and I cannot regain access to my plex docker. it appears to be running but I'm unable to get in via the gui, ip address, or any of my client devices. reverting to previous version didn't work either. 

tower-diagnostics-20230903-2056.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

a follow up to my previous post, the update appears to have run rough shot over my network settings and now plex docker now cant see the world. using the settings recommended on the release notes, my plex docker now has a new ip address. I have port forwarded the new address, my router can see it and says its active. but I still cannot access the docker through any means, Ive used a number of combinations of bridging/bonding. Ive tried ipvlan and macvlan. ive tried the docker on host network config, custom, br0. if I try to assign it its original ip address the docker initialisation fails and it disappears. weirdly my tdarr docker works as advertised.

Mine seems to have done a similar thing. Popping up with 'Server Error' when I try and start the Plex Docker. Player around with the settings and if I turn "Privileged" on it seems to work? Not sure if it's a good idea to leave that setting enabled though.

further update, I add another plex docker (plex-1) without amending default configuration, the new docker works albeit not my plex server. I would really like to not have to build my plex server from the ground up all over again. 

4 hours ago, GazzaShergar said:

further update, I add another plex docker (plex-1) without amending default configuration, the new docker works albeit not my plex server. I would really like to not have to build my plex server from the ground up all over again. 

There is no reason you should have to rebuild your Plex server. Just set up the new one to point to the same settings location as your old Plex (or copy the settings directory) and add any shares etc. Should just come back up with your original config and media.

Alternatively see if the new Plex has any different network settings to your old one and update your old Plex settings to match.

This is the beauty of Docker images, just recreate them and point to all the settings and files they need and off they go...

Edited by vertical-entrant5258
    Spelling mistake
    27 minutes ago, vertical-entrant5258 said:

There is no reason you should have to rebuild your Plex server. Just set up the new one to point to the same settings location as your old Plex (or copy the settings directory) and add any shares etc. Should just come back up with your original config and media.

Alternatively see if the new Plex has any different network settings to your old one and update your old Plex settings to match.

This is the beauty of Docker images, just recreate them and point to all the settings and files they need and of they go...

that's the thing that has had me scratching my head, the old docker was left largely default because it worked and truth be told I'm an idiot and I don't mess with things I don't understand. The new docker was no different, everything was set out of the box. I have managed to get a new docker working. I tried as you suggested earlier and it appeared to work so I'm now moving everything over to the new docker so I can sanitise the old docker and its directories. Judging by all the recent tickets raised there is an issue with how docker and network configs get through the upgrade unscathed.