• [6.7.2] Unable to enable/disable IPv6 privacy extensions

reey
    • Minor

Hello,

I would like to make a docker container of mine also available via IPv6 to the outside world.

For that I need a my unraid system to have a static IPv6 suffix since my prefix is assigned from my provider.

In my router I then need to set the IPv6 suffix for which the ports should be opened.

Normally that suffix should be fixed on a server like this but it isn't since everytime I reboot or reconfigure unraids network settings a new IPv6 address is assigned to my unraid system.

Normally this should only be the case if the IPv6 privacy extension is enabled otherwise the suffix of the IPv6 address should always be the same since it is calculated from the MAC address of the network interface.

The IPv6 privacy extension is disabled in my unraids network settings but for some reason it is still being used as I described above..

If I select enable in the network settings and apply those settings, the refreshed page still shows the privacy extension disabled..

Is there a way of manually disabling the privacy extension?

So in short:

- IPv6 privacy extension seems to be used also if it is set to disabled in the network settings

- Network settings don't allow the IPv6 privacy extension to be set to enabled, since on apply it is set to disabled again

Best Regards,

Reey

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

57 minutes ago, DitaSoft said:

So i tryed @MasterMarks solution but the IPv6 Suffix still changes on restart

I think you have to put this into the config/go file.

Is it changing every time? Because one change is okay it will change back to the normal address from the temp address.

27 minutes ago, MasterMark said:

I think you have to put this into the config/go file.

Is it changing every time? Because one change is okay it will change back to the normal address from the temp address.

I put it in the go file and restarted afew times but the adress keeps changingimage.png.88ef901a82967af020b9720ee5f608b4.png

8 minutes ago, DitaSoft said:

nevermind i found a workaround for my usecase so it dosnt matter if the ip changes

would you mind to share it please?

i am struggeling with this too. i tried to set up the EUI-64 style IPv6 suffix but couldn't do it.

Well my Problem was that the firewall rules that i created in my mikrotik Router had to Pointe to my Servers ip. But because the the suffix changed all the time i had to update the rule everyday.

So i created a Adress list that Pointes to my Domain which i Update to my Servers ip with a ddns docker. Now i can use that ip Adress list for my firewall rules.

Its pretty specific to my usecase so it probebly wont help you 

From the last update 6.9.1 change log:

dhcpcd: ipv6: use slaac hwaddr instead of slaac private
    webgui: Network: fix privacy extensions not set

Might be what we are looking for.

Edited by MasterMark