• After a period of time, the hard disk error rate rises rapidly

Kim
    • Closed

I use Dell H200 HBA card (has flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT Mode) .

Recently, I find that when I copy big file (like 4G+) via SMB, about 10 minutes later , it failed to write. I open the control panel and find the error is rising fastly.

I have tried many ways to restore to normal (like spin up/down), but they all failed. And I can't halt or reboot it gracefully! If I reboot the computer violently, it restores to normal. If I try the same thing, I will get the same result.

Another interesting phenomenon is that I plug the hard disk into the chip without any problems. After plugging it back into the Dell H200, the problem came.

I suspect it is the Dell H200 problem , but I can't solve it!

I upload some diagnostics, they are generated when I halt the system.

sshot-11.thumb.png.46dcb33ede1131019d31fa760f94f27e.png

tower-diagnostics-20200829-1535.zip tower-diagnostics-20200829-1428.zip tower-diagnostics-20200828-1706.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not a defect, and you should probably post in General Support, but it's either the controller (especially if it happens to be a counterfeit card), or a cabling issue.  Reseat the cabling / power connectors

I have copied this report to General Support. Please go there for further discussion.

Changed Status to Closed

Changed Priority to Other

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.