• Cannot enable Jumbo Frames - MTU because kills my network connectivity

luigi408
    • Urgent

Hello,

Since upgrading to the newest Unraid version I cannot enable Desired MTU / Jumbo Frames 9000 at all. My network on my Unraid server completely brakes even though all my network devices support and work with Jumbo Frames. I have to delete the network config file and revert all my network settings back to default (Desired MTU 1500) in order for my Unraid to reconnect. My network also has Bonding mode 802.3ad (4) enabled.

I stated noticing this issue when I redid my networking settings to change my IP addresses from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.10.0/24. When I applied the new settings I couldn't get back to my Unraid server. I then read online how to delete the network config file so I can load the default settings. Doing that I was able to reconnect to my server and I put everything back except Desired MTU / Jumbo Frames to 9000. It works but I want to enable Jumbo Frames. All my networking devices and PCs work with Jumbo Frames. I am not sure if this is a bug within the newest Unraid version or what I am doing wrong that enabling it kills my network.

Anyone have an idea why it happens? I never had a problem before I made the IP address change (since my network was running for a long time).

My motherboard is: X10DRH-CT

Dual LAN with 10GBase-T with Intel® X540 10GbE Controller

Connected on a 10G network to Unifi switch

All devices have Jumbo Frames enabled

PC that is connected to the same 10G switch has Jumbo Frames enabled

Bonding mode 802.3ad (4) enabled on Switch and Server (worked fine previously with MTU 9000 enabled and it works fine now with MTU 1500 only).

I really appreciate any help with this issue. Thank you.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments