• WebUI unreachable after 1-2 days

pnw-r
    • Annoyance

Hello, pretty new to Unraid. Put my system together a few months ago using 6.11.5 and it had been working really well.

Recently bought a Pro license after my trial and updated to 6.12 and then immediately to 6.12.1 -- since then I'm having an issue where my server's Web UI becomes unreachable after 24-48ish hours, and can't ping the server. Oddly my VM running Home Assistant OS seems to stay up, but not my Dockers. Before I lose the connection the web UI seems to slow down and network connections (like VPN tunnels) become flakey.

Read through similar reports on here and reddit -- checked my Dockers are set to iplan not macvlan. I've attached diagnostics from right after the last crash; I had to hard reboot it with the power button since it would not power down and I couldn't get to the UI. I've had to do this a few times now which kicks off a parity check each time.

I enabled the syslog server in the hopes of catching more detail about what locks up. I have it set to write to a cache drive, but I don't see a folder in that share so maybe I'm missing something with how that works?

I haven't made any hardware changes (Dell 5820) but did set up a Cloudflared Tunnel Docker and some of the Arr Dockers in the past couple weeks. I had run a Dell hardware test in Windows right before loading Unraid when I got the system. All came back normal. RAM is ECC. I also updated to the latest Dell BIOS 2 days ago, but that didn't fix anything.

Dell Precision 5820

Intel Xeon W-2135 @ 3.7GHz

BIOS 2.30.0 (latest)

64GB DDR4 ECC RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P400 GPU

SanDisk UltraFit 32GB USB boot flash drive (on internal motherboard port)

16TB Toshiba parity drive

2x 14TB Seagate Exos + 1x 14TB WD Ultrastar xfs array drives

2x 2TB Intel 670p btrfs RAID1 cache pool

2TB Samsung 870 EVO btrfs cache drive

500GB Samsung 860 EVO btrfs cache drive

Thanks!

unraid-5820-diagnostics-20230628-2144.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks, that was one of the threads I had read.

Looks like 6.12.2 just came out, so I will update to that once the parity check completes.