When copying files to unRAID server becomes unresponsive (GUI, SMB, Dockers, etc.)

Hinatanko

Software

unRAID Version 6.3.5

Dockers (all running)

binhex-delugevpn

glances

Handbrake

jackett

JDownloader2

Krusader

Netdata

ombi

openvpn-as

organizr

Plex

plexpy

radarr

sonarr

transmission

VMs

Windows 10 (not running)

Hardware

Supermicro X10SRi-F

Intel Xeon E51650 v4 @ 3.6ghz

64GB ECC Ram

Array

8x 8TB NAS HDDs (2 of these are parity)

1x 3TB Desktop HDD

5x 4TB Desktop HDDs

2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro Cache Pool

Issue

When copying files to this unRAID server via SMB after a few minutes the following happens:

• The web GUI becomes unresponsive
  • Teracopy reports a network error has occurred
  • Dockers no longer work (e.g I lose connection to my deluge deamon and cant connect via thin client or web UI)
  • Browsing files in Windows Explorer through Windows 10 stops and freezes

When I stop the transfer through Teracopy everything works again within 10-15 seconds. I have tried different files to see if it somehow was related to a particular file but it hangs on different files and not just the same file.

I have tested this out 4 times over the last 2 days and it just happened twice in the past hour when trying to copy over files from a different server.

With this exact same setup a couple of months ago I was able to move 11TB of data over via the network with no issues with packets being loss or network errors according to Teracopy.

I have posted the diagnostics logs. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!

nas48-diagnostics-20170612-1252.zip

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue! And no answer at all!

But i had this since i.d.k. maybe unraid 4, and no solution at all.

Sometimes when copying files the server just became unresponsive, loses the network name and so on. After a couple of time it returns to normal and i can copy again.

It's just so frustrating! I always hope that an update could solve the problem but slowly i think this is related to my hardware setup. (Old Celeron, 4GB RAM, Onboard NIC, tried another 100% compatible PCI network card -> same behavior)

Archived