Help with Crashed System

Yesterday I tried to watch movies using plex (docker by linuxserver.io, work like a charm when it works), the entire system crashed and cannot be boot again.

The system did shutdown suddenly a handful of time previously when I was transcoding video using plex, not sure what the problem is but the system always come back online, so I did not look into it.

The ways I tried include:

1) Remove all the HDD and SSD (cache drive) and turn on the computer just in case the array crashed (not working)

2) Remove the UNRAID USB and boot into Ubuntu Live USB to make sure all the hardware are working (it worked)

3) Run memtest86+ (12 hours and still going, I believe the ram are fine too)

Now that I know the hardware are fine, I think the UNRAID USB is the problem...

How can I extract a diagnostics file from a crashed system?

Should I replace the USB? Can I simply copy the files for the current UNRAID USB to a new one? Will I lose all my settings?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, windlok1010 said:

Can I simply copy the files for the current UNRAID USB to a new one? Will I lose all my settings?

Coping the config folder will save your settings and assignments, you should first try formatting and redoing the original flash drive and restoring the config folder, if it still fails to boot use a new flash drive and if it works you'll then need to request a key replacement.