notSteve

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About notSteve

  • Rank
    Newbie

Converted

  • Gender
    Undisclosed

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I'm in the same boat and temporarily reverted to a Windows VM. There is a possibility of installing mythcommflag along with a script but I haven't had time to look into it deeper.
  2. HDPVR works fine with the DVB builds in the latest beta. Even the IR blaster works once the firmware is added, which I think is something CHBMB will address. However, a couple of gotcha's : You must change the permissions yourself via the go script, since the DVB pluging doesn't know about /dev/video0. If the HDPVR requires a power cycle for whatever reason, it may not come back as /dev/video0 so the docker will fail to start. Probably could be resolved with some udev rules. The SPDIF audio sync issue is a problem in Linux but not under windows. Supposed to not be a pr
  3. As discussed in a different "mythtv" thread, your build with lirc_zilog works great. I just had to rebuild bzroot with the firmware and changed ownership in the go script. Thanks for this!
  4. From the top level menuconfig: Device Drivers -> Staging Drivers -> Media Staging Drivers -> Linux Infrared Remote Control ... -> Zilog/Hauppauge IR transmitter. Care to share your recipe for building the kernel?
  5. Lirc_zilog is in staging/media/lirc so it has to be specifically enabled.
  6. I'm currently looking into setting up the HDPVR under a linux docker and while the media kernel build that can be found on this forum have the kernel driver for the HDPVR, they don't have the lirc_zilog module needed for the IR blaster. I've tried a couple of times to build my own kernel but I'm missing something because I wasn't able to boot my custom image and now I just upgraded to the latest beta. However, the capture portion seems to work very well.
  7. I've updated the template on my github repo. I'm hoping that now it's 6.1 compliant.
  8. I have to admit I kinda hacked it together. I first generated the docker file and ran it manually on my server, after which I found the template that unraid had created. From that point on I manually edited it along with the dockerfile until I had it working. I had no idea it was 6.2 only, but I am running the 6.2 beta so that would explain it. Never occured to me to search the wiki
  9. My first stab at a container, it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I'm still in my trial of unraid but so far I like what I see. Because SageTV stores all it's config and database in the executable directory, the whole directory has to be copied to the persistent storage. I based it from coppit's docker file. The template is here: https://github.com/ycayer/docker-templates