Too many wong/and or missing disks error.

Hi All,

I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone will be able to help with. I have  dual parity & and a 4 disk array (all disks are Tb WD Red). Both parity 1 and disk 1 are dead & no longer work.  My understanding is that I should be able to connect new drives and have both parity & the array rebuild. The replacement drives I have are pre-cleared 10 Tb WD drives  I connected one of them & re-started the server, I re-assigned the 10TB drive to parity but it won't let me start re-building parity. It gives me an error that says "Too many wrong/and or missing disks".  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by Silverhand77
2 hours ago, Silverhand77 said:

Hi All,

I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone will be able to help with. I have  dual parity & and a 4 disk array (all disks are Tb WD Red). Both parity 1 and disk 1 are dead & no longer work.  My understanding is that I should be able to connect new drives and have both parity & the array rebuild. The replacement drives I have are pre-cleared 10 Tb WD drives  I connected one of them & re-started the server, I re-assigned the 10TB drive to parity but it won't let me start re-building parity. It gives me an error that says "Too many wrong/and or missing disks".  Any ideas on how to fix this?

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system's diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) to your NEXT post.