[SOLVED] Cache read/write over 10bE help.

3vang

I recently upgrade my network and equipment to a 10GbE network. I know I can fully saturate the link because I can read from my cache at over 1100 MB/s, but I can only write at about 600 MB/s. I have two Samsung PM981 1TB NVme SSD (OEM 970 EVO equivalent) in RAID1 with btrfs. I don't see why the write speed can't be fully saturated over the network like the read speeds. I an no expert on btrfs, so can it be a limitation of that file system, or certain settings I am missing, or it is truly my hardware limitation? Unraid is running on a Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F, Xeon D-1541, 64 GB DDR4 RAM at 2133.

36 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Try writing to the disk share, user shares adds some overhead.

Is this the correct way to connect to disk share directly, \\host-ip\mnt\cache\share-name (in Windows) and host-ip:/mnt/cache/share-name (in Linux)? using cache/disk as opposed to mnt/user. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 12:06 PM, 3vang said:

Yes, the low 2.1 Ghz maybe cause, but this cpu is most definitely multithreaded if OS and application can utilizes.

You are correct and I just wanted to provide an update. Change board and CPU to a 3.7 Ghz, SMB read and write are 1100 MB/s now.

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Cache read/write over 10bE help.