Unraid unable to ping other devices on my network (solved)

ann0yed

Unraid Version: 6.8.3
Motherboard: Supermicro - X9SCL/X9SCM
Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 16 Gbs

Plugins: community.applications.plg - 2021.01.01, dynamix.ssd.trim.plg - 2020.06.21, dynamix.system.info.plg - 2020.06.21, dynamix.system.temp.plg - 2020.06.20, fix.common.problems.plg - 2020.12.27, NerdPack.plg - 2021.01.08, unassigned.devices.plg - 2021.01.16b, unRAIDServer.plg - 6.8.3

Hi all,

I have an issue where it appears that my Unraid server is unable to communicate with other devices on my LAN.  

I first noticed this after setting up Home Assistant in a VM.  In Home Assistant I noticed that I was unable to connect to other devices on my network. Such as my smart tv on 192.168.1.139 or my Philips Hue bridge on 192.168.1.130.  Devices are all on the same network (I have a simple network setup, just one router).  My unraid server has a static IP (set on my router).  For the past few days I thought the issue was with Home Assistant, but then I tried to ping these devices via the Unraid terminal, my Home Assistant VM and random docker containers (sabnzb, etc.).  All came back as Host Unreachable.

Trouble shooting attempted

I am able to ping my router at 192.168.1.1 successfully and I am able to ping out (google.com, etc.). 

I deleted my network.cfg and network-rules.cfg off my usb and rebooted.

I have also rebooted my router. Still unable to ping to these devices.

I have attached a log, looking for any guidance.

Thanks

Edited by ann0yed
Marking as solved

This sounds like it might be a router issue so have you checked the settings there?    It is not unusual for routers to have a setting that does not allow LAN connected devices to work with WiFi connected ones.   Giving the model number of your router might allow others to chime in as to whether this is likely to be the case.  

• ann0yed changed the title to Unraid unable to ping other devices on my network (solved)