PROMISE FastTrak TX4310 RAID controler in unRAID

trevisthomas

Ok so i happen to have one of these because i was using it to run a RAID 5 array.  I have since decided to move to unRAID. I used a bunch of old hardware and copies my data over to get started but now i'm moving the 4 drives that i had on the FastTrak over to the unRAID box and i decided to move the FastTrack controller with them.  The controller works with unRAID but i'm wondering if using it is a mistake.

In order to get the controller to see the drives independently i had to go into the configuration and set up for JBOD arrays with one disk each. But i'm now worried that if the controller dies that i wont be able to move the drives to another controller. 

Anyone have any experience or thought on this situation? I guess i'm just going to have to test it to be sure but i was curious if anyone else was in this situation.

In case anyone else has this card or is in a similar situation I can say that this seemed to work fine with 4.2b4.  I disconnected one of the drives and put it on a different controller card and unRAID found the partition so i guess i'll keep it this way. I really didnt want to buy another PCI SATA card since i already had this one.

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,

I am new to UNRAID due to a failed primary HDD in a Windows home server.

WHS was good but i am now looking for somehing better, and a work college suggested UNRAID.

So to the problem at hand, i have searched the forum (with its own search engine) to see if the Fasttrak TX4310 4 port SATA card would work with UNRAID. I am going to be doing a hardware shuffle in a couple of months that will see a GA-MA780g (all in one board) from the HTPC being shuffled down (with a new PCIE card) and new HTPC brought.

But untill that happens i have to make do with what the old WHS was running on

Mobo: ASUS M2N68-AM V2.0

CPU: crappy AMD processor

RAM: i dont know how much ram.

The board works and i have got an UNRAID server running with 3 500GB HDD asa test.

But the UNRAID box does not want to see the array card. The post above says it should but i was wondering if support had been removed or if i need to load some drivers etc.

I am using the latest download of UNRAID (as of today 7/911) if needed i can post the config.

Chris