torrent download disk wear - does ssd cache reduce wear problems overall?

When using Unraid docker and drives to grab and store torrent downloads, sometimes it makes my hard drive a little noisy.  I am guessing it makes the heads move more but I am not sure.  Are torrent downloads significantly harder on drives than transferring a single large file from a local drive to another local drive?  

"does ssd cache reduce wear problems overall" - here, "overall" means if we add an SSD, also consider its wear is added to the HDD wear.

I am interested in opinions.  My guess is it is not a significant difference overall, or too hard to know, so maybe do not give this factor much weight compared to other reasons for using SSD.  

Spaceinvader video had a very brief comment that if you have an SSD cache, then it is appropriate to use it for torrents and usenet downloads.  But maybe it was not for reasons of wear?  I don't know.

For me, speed is not a factor as it may be for many.  So I am on the fence if i should use SSD cache.