upgrade software with a disabled drive

I checked my unraid server last night and noticed that I have a blinking red ball in front of one of my data drives.  I have two 2TB drives that should be arriving tomorrow.  I haven't yet tried troubleshooting the drive and cables yet on the disabled drive.  I have two 2TB drives that should be arriving tomorrow.  I am currently running 4.5.6 but was planning to upgrade to 4.7 since the server would be down before i added a new parity and storage drive.

My question is that if it turns out to be a bad drive, would it be bad to update to 4.7 while the server was down to replace the bad drive?  I will have to use the swap-disable method to replace the drive if that matters.

I don't have to upgrade to 4.7 right away since the drives are the 2tb hitachi 5k3000 which appear to not be advanced format drives.  Just curious if it would cause problems.

Thanks,

Todd

I checked my unraid server last night and noticed that I have a blinking red ball in front of one of my data drives.  I have two 2TB drives that should be arriving tomorrow.  I haven't yet tried troubleshooting the drive and cables yet on the disabled drive.  I have two 2TB drives that should be arriving tomorrow.  I am currently running 4.5.6 but was planning to upgrade to 4.7 since the server would be down before i added a new parity and storage drive.

My question is that if it turns out to be a bad drive, would it be bad to update to 4.7 while the server was down to replace the bad drive?  I will have to use the swap-disable method to replace the drive if that matters.

I don't have to upgrade to 4.7 right away since the drives are the 2tb hitachi 5k3000 which appear to not be advanced format drives.  Just curious if it would cause problems.

Thanks,

Todd

Fix the drive problem first then upgrade.  Better safe than sorry.