Unmountables SSDs

Go to solution Solved by MalronWall,

Hi everyone!

I've just started to create my Unraid server and I already have a problem: when I try to cache my SSD M2 and start my server, it gives me the following error "Unmountable: No file system". I tried to do the same with my SSD 2.5 but again the same error! I then followed tutorials on the internet that told me to use the "Preclear Disks" plugin on my SSDs before repeating. Unfortunately, after several hours of cleaning on these two SSDs I still get the same error...

[Few hours later...]
I'm still working on my M2 problem that I format into xfs to cache it. The problem is that once the array is booted, it goes back to "auto" and displays the following error: "Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout". I have the same problem with my SSD 2.5.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem? Thank you in advance!

• Solution

Finally I found a solution!

I had already formatted my disks in xfs via the option next to their label but I found another way that worked this time: I started the array and under the "STOP" option I saw a "FORMAT" button that said it would format all the disks "Unmountable".

Then my SSD 2.5 was automatically set to xfs and my M2 to btrfs.

This is not a problem in itself but I didn't have the choice of formatting at the time.