Server Unresponsive - ideas for resuscitation?

rtinker

I have been getting errors on the parity disk so I ordered a new one and am preparing to replace it. In the meantime, I have 3 drives that I cleared the data from that I wanted to remove from the array because I no longer needed the capacity, one of them was pretty old and gathering errors, and did not need the extra heat being thrown around... So today I decided to finally logically remove those 3 drives, and I wanted to do one at a time, so I spun down the array, set Disk 2 to not assigned, then spun up the array (checked the warning about disk 2 not being there). The web server went away and I have not been able to get it back up since!  I cannot ssh to it either.  Restarting the box did not help.

Previously when this happened (unresponsive) it was due to a network configuration error because I did not have Pi-Hole configured right, but I checked network.cfg (powered down, moved the USB drive to another computer to check it) and it just has it set to use DHCP so that is not the issue.

What did I do wrong?  My linux foo is weak so be gentle please.

Edited by rtinker