CPU cores

Maverick52

I currently have a Unraid server that I use for storing and accessing my photography. I don't work off of the server, it's really just storage and a NAS for accessing old completed work. I'm planning to build a second server that will serve as an off site backup, and that will be its only job. I'm thinking I will use a ASRock motherboard & CPU combo as a cost effective and low power solution for such a simple server, but I have two choices in CPU's.

ASRock J4005M Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor J4005 (up to 2.7 GHz) Micro ATX Motherboard / CPU Combo

or

ASRock J4105M Intel Celeron Quad-Core Processor J4105 (up to 2.5 GHz) Micro ATX Motherboard / CPU Combo

Basically, the J4005 is dual core but has a slightly faster clock speed, and the J4105 is quad core with a slightly slower clock speed. Will there be any noticeable benefit between these two?

You should select 4 core model instead 2 core, my previous J1800 attach 13 disks ( dual parity will degrade a lot ) also fine as pure storage. Current use a J1900 to host 2 VM and 2 docker, slow expected but really silent and no need care about dust cleaning. Below are some user case FYR.

Intel have announced a new gen ATOM, clock freq up to 3GHz and have 8 PCIe 3.0, so market will be refresh soon.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/tw/zh/ark/products/207903/intel-pentium-processor-j6426-1-5m-cache-up-to-3-00-ghz.html