Want to add a HD with data from one unraid to another unraid - SOLVED

I am running 2 unraid systems - one is v4.56 the other 4.57

I would like to remove a 1.5 tb HD (full of good data which i would like to keep)  from the 4.57 system and add it to my 4.56 unraid.

In this effort, i removed the 1.5 TB drive from the 4.57 system and installed it on the 4.56 system,

I assigned it as drive 4.

The array is stopped and now displays the new HD (full of good data) with a blue icon.

The only option i see is to start the array.... but i am not sure is this will cause my data to disappear on the HD with the Blue icon

Some guidance on how to proceed would be very much appreciated!!

Joe

I am running 2 unraid systems - one is v4.56 the other 4.57

I would like to remove a 1.5 tb HD (full of good data which i would like to keep)  from the 4.57 system and add it to my 4.56 unraid.

In this effort, i removed the 1.5 TB drive an installed it on the 4.57 system and installed it on the 4.56 system,

I assigned it as drive 4.

The array is stopped and now displays the new HD (full of good data) with a blue icon.

The only option i see is to start the array.... but i am not sure is this will cause my data to disappear on the HD with the Blue icon

Some guidance on how to proceed would be very much appreciated!!

Joe

Do NOT start the array.  You must first set a new disks configuration.  If you do not set a new configuration, the newly added drive will first be cleared by unRAID before being added to the array.

initconfig

Respond to its prompt with "Yes"

Then refresh the management console in your browser.  All the indicators will turn blue.  Parity will immediately be invalidate and when you start the array it will be calculated on the new configuration of disks.

Joe L.