Will upgrading RAM help?

phoebus

I recently upgraded my system to a 10th gen i5 Intel and have 16GB of RAM. 

On my Unraid I have a Windows 10 VM running plus Plex Server and Dockers running. CPU use isn't that high but RAM stays around 89% and when I do a few things (such as if I'm watching Plex on the Windows VM and someone else is watching a transcode) both CPU and RAM hit 100%, or Plex starts to stutter. Even if I stop watching anything on the VM but keep it running it can max out. 

I use a USB monitor rather than HDMI out as I use the CPU graphics for Plex hardware transcode, though the output is so blocky I'm not sure it's worth it. However the USB monitor does put a strain on resources of other machines when using it. Even if I did want to use HDMI out my main monitor is used by another device anyway so the USB-3 monitor is the best option.

My question is whether getting more RAM help, ie is CPU hitting 100% because I'm running out of memory as it's hard for me to tell with the Unraid logging what is happening. 

Edited by phoebus