[SOLVED] Missing Disk After Multiple Shutdowns

I've got an old gaming pc running unraid. In it are  5 - 5400 rpm drives I shucked from WD elements/ easystore over the years, an ssd, and I believe a 7200 rpm (maybe just another 5400) drive, 8 gb of ddr3 memory, a gtx 970 all on a Z68A-D3H-B3 rev 1 motherboard. The power supply is a 650 watt, 80 plus bronze Antec Earthwatts. 

I bought a SAS card, a SAS to SATA cable, and a SATA power cable splitter. While I was installing the SAS card (Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20), I had an issue where it was auto restarting my machine, and long story short it did this multiple times before I could figure out what was going on with it (needed to cap a couple of pins with tape). I installed two new 10tb hdds I shucked from WD Elements external drives along with the card. One of these new drives, along with an existing shucked 8tb drive I installed last week are just not turning on after these restarts. Neither of them show in unraid, the 8tb shows disk missing, and they don't appear in my bios. However, one of the new 10 tb drives, which is powered via the splitter, was working. 

Note: the existing 8tb drive was working prior to the new hardware changes, it was incorporated into my array last week and now shows missing disk.

So far I've tried:

1. Undoing all of the shucked drives and recapping the 3.3v pin with new tape
  2. I tried using the data cables from both the SAS and motherboard, both work on the still functioning drives
  3. Unplugging the SAS card completely from the PCIe port
  4. Powering the drives just from a standard cable running from my PSU as opposed to the splitter
  5. And returning to just my original hardware (the point at which it was working) without the two new 10 tb drives, sas, and splitter

Disk 2 (newest 8 TB) is still missing in each case. Are these drives just straight up dead? Or could this be another issue? I've also included my most recent diagnostics, ran without the new hardware and with the "missing" 8 tb disk. 

barad-dur-diagnostics-20210422-1118.zip

Edited by jacktheripper
Solved the problem
3 hours ago, trurl said:

Then Unraid won't be able to see them either. Maybe something power related fried them.

Doesn't look like you had parity assigned, so no way to recover disk2

So I tested each drive by putting them back in their little enclosures and attached them via usb. The smart info states they are fine. However, the array isn't recognizing my disk 2 anymore. When I try to place it back under disk 2 it states "Wrong." How do you think I should proceed? 

• jacktheripper changed the title to [SOLVED] Missing Disk After Multiple Shutdowns
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Maybe you didn't do the 3.3V tape correctly and there is nothing wrong with the disks. That seems likely if they still work in the enclosures. Maybe double check all that and try again.

That was it. I redid the tape on each 3 or 4 times and couldn't get it to work, then just removed the pins all together. Thanks so much for your help.