Windows 10 VM's Driving Me Insane - Intermittent Startup

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post here before I go tearing my hair out. 

I've followed the guides, I've tried every different setting imaginable, and now I have about 6 VM's loaded up with different settings, just so that maybe one will work. 

I was running one VM, with gpu passthrough (GTX1080ti), and it was working fine. Then one day it wouldn't boot. I can boot it up without passthrough and it works fine connected over VNC. 

This prompted me to create a different VM, with different settings to see if it happened to work... and it did.. for a while. I now have a bunch of VM's that sometimes work, and sometimes don't.

I find if I manage to get one to work with passthrough, most of the others will boot, and maybe one in the bunch won't. 

The next day, the VM I was using won't boot, and a bunch of the others will no longer boot (with passthrough, can always get with no passthrough and VNC). 

If the VM has failed to boot, I can see it has registered on my router and has an IP address, but I cannot ping, or RDP to it. 

I really want to use Unraid, and many of the dockers are great and work well... just the VM side of things is turning me off a little and wasting so much of my time. 

In addition, I have a steam library on my array, which I can no longer use. Every time I try to point steam (in any VM) to the library, or to create a new library on the array, steam throws up an error "Folder must be writable". It was working fine for a week, and now I cannot get it to work, no matter what I do. 

Help!!?

Ok, I found that the issue was related to me not dumping the vbios correctly. 

A correct dump and the issue seems to have been resolved.

Interesting that the VMs would sometimes work, and sometimes not.  

I'll post a new topic for the second issue. 

Edited by ule_1