We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Corsair 600W - $34.99 after promo and MIR

Rajahal

CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-600CX 600W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply

$34.99 after promo EMCYTZT329 and MIR (promo is valid from 12:01am PST on Saturday, 3/5/2011).

This isn't a PSU that I normally use just because it doesn't fill a specific need.  It is too small for 20+ drive support, but overkill for 15 drive support.  The 40A single +12V rail is suited to support around 18 or fewer drives.  Most servers don't fall in the 16 - 19 drive range, and for 15 or fewer drives I would normally use the Corsair 500W.

That said, this is a good deal for this good quality PSU.  After the sale, this PSU comes out cheaper than the Corsair 500W.  So if you are thinking about a 15+ drive server, then this is a good choice.

This PSU would also be a good choice if you wanted a 15 drive server that could support mostly 7200 rpm drives and some green drives (though it is still underpowered for a full 15 7200 rpm drives).

In terms of specs they are the same.  The differences are that the Corsair has a variable fan speed, so the fan will spin down when not needed.  Also the Antec doesn't come with a power cord.

Given the choice between the two, I would probably opt for the Antec just so I didn't have to deal with a MIR.

Archived