Reverting to V4.7

Hi

I have a system running on 5.b6. Various peoples comments are making me nervous as to whether I should revert to v4.7. Could someone please advise me as to the correct procedure to do this.

Thanks

You are fine if you are already up and running on 5.0beta6/6a.  The only issue reported so far is when initially converting from 4.7 to 5.0beta6.

I say stay where you are unless something is not working for you that you know is functional in 4.7.

Hi

I have a system running on 5.b6. Various peoples comments are making me nervous as to whether I should revert to v4.7. Could someone please advise me as to the correct procedure to do this.

Thanks

You are fine if you are already up and running on 5.0beta6/6a.  The only issue reported so far is when initially converting from 4.7 to 5.0beta6.

I say stay where you are unless something is not working for you that you know is functional in 4.7.

Thanks Joe. The only issue I have which also occurred on 4.7 is the slow web gui. When it works I much prefer it to 4.7 so think I will stay where I am.

Hi

Thanks

Thanks Joe. The only issue I have which also occurred on 4.7 is the slow web gui. When it works I much prefer it to 4.7 so think I will stay where I am.

you probably have a networking issue.  Please describe your router/switch, etc.  It almost sounds as if you are first sending the request out to the internet, and when it is not found there, the local LAN is searched.

you probably have a networking issue.  Please describe your router/switch, etc.   It almost sounds as if you are first sending the request out to the internet, and when it is not found there, the local LAN is searched.

I am currently running a 3 Com 5 port gigabit switch. Computers, PopCorn Hour and NAS box are on this switch with a 5 th line going to a TP Link 16 port gig switch which connects to other computers, ADSL etc. The computers on the 3 Com are used to interface to unRaid. Pinging unRaid (NAS) consistently returns <1ms. Responses from unRaid Web Gui are sometimes good but mostly very slow. UnMenu responses never miss a beat each and every time. I tried unRaid Web briefly (it clashed with V5.b6 gui) and that seemed to work okay as well. I have also tried all 3 main browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox). All do the same though interestingly Chrome displays the main page layout differently from the other two. I would like to resolve it as it is annoying. The file transfer does not ever seem to have any response problems. I have also tried a PCI NIC as distinct from the onboard one (on the NAS box) with similar results. The NAS box is running 4gig ram.

Thanks for your interest

Wayne

you probably have a networking issue.  Please describe your router/switch, etc.   It almost sounds as if you are first sending the request out to the internet, and when it is not found there, the local LAN is searched.

I am currently running a 3 Com 5 port gigabit switch. Computers, PopCorn Hour and NAS box are on this switch with a 5 th line going to a TP Link 16 port gig switch which connects to other computers, ADSL etc. The computers on the 3 Com are used to interface to unRaid. Pinging unRaid (NAS) consistently returns <1ms. Responses from unRaid Web Gui are sometimes good but mostly very slow. UnMenu responses never miss a beat each and every time. I tried unRaid Web briefly (it clashed with V5.b6 gui) and that seemed to work okay as well. I have also tried all 3 main browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox). All do the same though interestingly Chrome displays the main page layout differently from the other two. I would like to resolve it as it is annoying. The file transfer does not ever seem to have any response problems. I have also tried a PCI NIC as distinct from the onboard one (on the NAS box) with similar results. The NAS box is running 4gig ram.

Thanks for your interest

Wayne

PS to the above. The thought has crossed my mind that it might be graphic image server related. Just noted that the unMenu returns all its textual stuff quickly but whenever the unRaid gui is not responding the graphics on UnMenu (like the spin up/down arrows) don't display for quite awhile either. Does that give any clues

Thanks for your interest

Wayne

PS to the above. The thought has crossed my mind that it might be graphic image server related. Just noted that the unMenu returns all its textual stuff quickly but whenever the unRaid gui is not responding the graphics on UnMenu (like the spin up/down arrows) don't display for quite awhile either. Does that give any clues

unMENU uses emhttp to serve its graphics unless you install the simple graphics server and then enable it in myMain.

• 3 weeks later...

I want reverting to V4.7 because have a little problem: I have 6 disks (5+parity) samsung 1.5T. When play everthing from disk3, start disk5 too and if play from disk5 start disk3 too. Disk1, 2 and 4 work corectly. I monitorize this:

Writing on disk3 or 5, start both, plus parity but only one (d3+p or d5+p) write modifications (writes).

Reading from d3 or d5, both hdd spin up.

Writing on d1, d2 or d4 or reading, all is ok.

Someone can give me a solution? I will stay in 5.0 beta version or revert in 4.7? But how can reverting?

Note: all disks have a unique director for each multimedia files - no directors shared in 2 or 3 disks.

Thank you.

This is not a problem with 5.0bX it is a feature of unRAID actually.  It is called spinup groups and you will need to search the forum about it.

Essentially what is happening is that disks that share the same bus are being spun up together to avoid IO conflicts and contention.  If this was not done you may see stuttering in some video/audio if you were playing content from disk3 and then spun up disk5.

Archived