Newbie, Any video or guide that helps me to setup my computer to two gamming computer off one tower.

Hi, guys. 

I learned that Unraid can help to set one tower into two dedicated computer that both run Windows for gamming. Any usful video or guide that I can follow? I looked up but cant find some that detailed. 

My hardware for now:

MSI EDGE

i7-8086K

GTX 1080 SLI

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Toshiba 6T

Seagate IRONWOLF 8T

Planning to get another SSD and Toshiba drive for the second gammer. 

This is an awesome and comprehensive guide on setting up a Gaming VM on UnRAID, which helped me a lot:

https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-remote-gaming-on-unraid/4248

For me personally, the setup was extremely easy and straightforward (Ryzen 9 3900X + GTX 1070) without changing a single line of code.

First of all you need to make sure to have virtualization as well as IOMMU enabled in your BIOS. On top of that you should set your iGPU as default, so that the system won't assign one of your GPUs for itself and make passing them through to your VM problematic.

In UnRAID under Tools -> System Devices check the GPUs you want to pass through to your VM, to isolate them from the host system.

I would also suggest to isolate the CPU cores pinned to your VMs (Settings -> CPU Pinning) since I had a huge performance degradation of my Gaming VM before isolation the associated cores.

When setting up your VM first, don't assign a GPU and do the inital installation and setup via VNC, then install something like AnyDesk (my favourite) or Parsec to remotely access it after assigning a GPU.

When assigning a GPU to the VM, make sure to assign all parts of the GPUs IOMMI group to it, like USB-controllers or (very importantly) the audio controller. You might also need to add a BIOS file (described in the guide above).

I just fear that your CPU is a bit on the low end to support 2 simultaneous Gaming VMs. With the first Core left free for UnRAID itself, you have a mere 2 respectively 3 cores for each VM...